If you suffer from disc bulges, you know how debilitating it can be. The pain, discomfort, and restricted mobility can make everyday tasks difficult. Fortunately, there are exercises you can do to help alleviate your symptoms. Here are the top 5 exercises for people with disc bulges:
- Cat-Cow Stretch: Begin on your hands and knees, with your wrists directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips. Inhale and arch your back, lifting your head and tailbone towards the ceiling. Exhale and round your spine, tucking your chin to your chest and pressing your tailbone towards the floor. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
- Pelvic Tilts: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Inhale and tilt your pelvis towards the ceiling, pressing your lower back into the floor. Exhale and release. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
- Knee-to-Chest Stretch: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Bring one knee towards your chest, holding onto your shin with both hands. Hold for 20-30 seconds and release. Repeat with the other leg.
- Glute Bridge: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Inhale and lift your hips towards the ceiling, squeezing your glutes. Exhale and release. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
- Cobra Stretch: Lie on your stomach with your hands under your shoulders. Inhale and lift your chest off the ground, keeping your elbows close to your body. Exhale and release. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
At Spinex Disc Clinic, we can help you develop a personalised treatment programme to help alleviate your symptoms of disc bulges. Contact us today to book an appointment.
Top 5 Exercises for People with Disc Bulges
- Show All
- back pain
- Chiropractor Near Me
- chronic pain
- desk work
- Disc Bulge
- disc bulges
- disc herniation
- IDD Therapy
- osteopath London
- Shoulder Pain
- Spinal Arthritis Treatment
- Spinal Degeneration
- Spinal Stenosis
- spinal stenosis treatment
- sports injury